Hello I'm new!...and have I made the right decision?

rxt80

top gear
Reaction score
Hello! Just thought I'd say hi as I'm new to audi-sport. :tocktock:

I've just ordered my S3 in Sprint Blue....it's due in November so very excited! :jump:

BUT have I made the right colour choice?! I've seen loads in Sprint Blue since I placed my order!! ...and I mean LOADS!

It is by far the most popular colour for the S3!

Thats why I got mine in a different colour...

It does look good in silver....but (stupidly) I thought the blue would be less popular! I then saw 3 on my way home from the showroom....d'oh!

Just goes to show blue is a good colour, havent seen another down south yet

I think Aberdeen is a bit of a micro-climate for nice cars....I see at least 2 Astons every day, I pass three RS4's on my way to work each morning.....every other car is German! But I agree......the blue is a good colour....

ah man, your car looks amazing after detailing. Ok...I'm convinced...blue is the best colour!

I'm looking into getting Polished Bliss to detail mine when its delivered - they are local, perfect! I've had new cars in the past but hadn't even heard of detailing until I came on to this site! I paid £300+ for Supaguard from my Audi dealer last time, only to find out recently that this only costs them £20-£30! Won't be doing that again that's for sure!!!

Roll on November....

rxt80 said:
ah man, your car looks amazing after detailing. Ok...I'm convinced...blue is the best colour!

I'm looking into getting Polished Bliss to detail mine when its delivered - they are local, perfect! I've had new cars in the past but hadn't even heard of detailing until I came on to this site! I paid £300+ for Supaguard from my Audi dealer last time, only to find out recently that this only costs them £20-£30! Won't be doing that again that's for sure!!!

Roll on November....

Good man! Those photos really don't do it justice. It looks totally awesome in real life!

One more thing, you HAVE to get the bucket seats! they really make the car look the part and are very comfy! They are a little expencive, but trust me, you will be so happy you ordered them!

...woman actually!! :) I will post up the pics when it is done but from what I've seen, it makes the car look amazing! How long has yours lasted though? Is it still looking as good?

Well I thought about the bucket seats......but didn't go for them in the end......my other car has them though!

rxt80 said:
...woman actually!! :) I will post up the pics when it is done but from what I've seen, it makes the car look amazing! How long has yours lasted though? Is it still looking as good?

Well I thought about the bucket seats......but didn't go for them in the end......my other car has them though!

A woman with a scooby and an S3! Every mans dream!

You can always add the the buckets to the order! its not too late and you wont regret it!

Yeah, still looking amazing, little bit of bug splatter, tiny bit dirty on the back thanks to the weather and the wheels are covered in brake pad! But a quick rinse and it will be like a showroom car again!

He said the wax should last for around a year.

I try my best :) ....

Do you know which wax he used? The guys up here recommend the Zymol Vintage (at something like £1800 a pot...crazy!) but that it probably won't last past 6 months......

Yeah, Zymol, but it's his own custom Zymol that he's been tweaking.

He say it lasts 6 months on his website (www.miracledetail.co.uk), but he told me that it would last a year as I keep it in an underground car park all the time and I get the train to work now so only use it on the weekends.

How about a red one like mine? I have not seen another one yet.
I saw a yellow one at the weekend and it looked pretty good.

prt

ok...cool. Unfortunately mine will be out in the Scottish elements - being used every day - so I should only expect 6 months I reckon. Still, it'll be a gorgeous 6 months and then I'll just get it re-done!

Thanks for the info!.....still not convinced about the bucket seats..... ;)

prt57 said:
How about a red one like mine? I have not seen another one yet.
I saw a yellow one at the weekend and it looked pretty good.

prt
Red is good too........but lets face it.....it would look good in any colour!

rxt80 said:
ok...cool. Unfortunately mine will be out in the Scottish elements - being used every day - so I should only expect 6 months I reckon. Still, it'll be a gorgeous 6 months and then I'll just get it re-done!

Thanks for the info!.....still not convinced about the bucket seats..... ;)

8ac6_27.jpg

8a98_27.jpg

vs.

cc6c_27.jpg

Again, they do look much better in real life, blacker, less grey as they look in these photos.

Do it!

Yeah they're nice...do they give you a massage whilst driving.....might consider them then..... ;)

And anyway......it's ordered now and I quite like the silver/black leather combo I've gone for......

rxt80 said:
Yeah they're nice...do they give you a massage whilst driving.....might consider them then..... ;)

And anyway......it's ordered now and I quite like the silver/black leather combo I've gone for......

lol, fair enough, but don't say I didn't warn you when you see an S3 with them!

p.s. they don't massage you, but they are heated :)

ok.....I will consider them for the next one (promise!)!

Just out of interest did you go for the dvd sat nav?.....I'm thinking of retrofitting it but trying to decide whether or not its worth the bother.....

rxt80 said:
ok.....I will consider them for the next one (promise!)!

Just out of interest did you go for the dvd sat nav?.....I'm thinking of retrofitting it but trying to decide whether or not its worth the bother.....

Nah, WAY too expencive for what it is, over 2k from the factory or ~500 retrofitted, easy choice.

Although I prolly won't fit the sat nav for some time, spending my cash on other stuff first (e.g. exhaust, remap, suspention, 19's, etc etc)

JamS3 said:
It is by far the most popular colour for the S3!

Thats why I got mine in a different colour...

Me too!

Fair enough.......I'm a bit of a sceptic when it comes to sat-nav after my friend had it fitted to his brand new BMW Z4 M......it then proceeded to take him the wrong way everywhere, down dead ends, all sorts......! Funny but an expensive mistake!

So you are pimping your new ride already?!! Surely it's beautiful enough?? Pah, I can't talk....I'm in the process of making the Scoob a 400bhp monster (new turbo, injectors, gearbox/diff, intake, map....all sorts)..... :)

rxt80 said:
So you are pimping your new ride already?!! Surely it's beautiful enough?? Pah, I can't talk....I'm in the process of making the Scoob a 400bhp monster (new turbo, injectors, gearbox/diff, intake, map....all sorts)..... :)

I think you will find its me thats doing the Scooby, and that im not allowed to drive the S3 ;)

rxt80 said:
Fair enough.......I'm a bit of a sceptic when it comes to sat-nav after my friend had it fitted to his brand new BMW Z4 M......it then proceeded to take him the wrong way everywhere, down dead ends, all sorts......! Funny but an expensive mistake!

The audi sat nav systems have always been very good to me!, really nice interface too.

Yeah, while its in its under warranty I'm just going to change the intake, exhaust, ECU (take it to around 350bhp) lower it and put some 19" RS4 wheels on it. In 3 years if my cash flow isn't that great I'll stick a big turbo on etc, if the cash flow is good might get an Audi RS de jour or maybe something a bit more hard core.

Power_Junkie said:
I think you will find its me thats doing the Scooby, and that im not allowed to drive the S3 ;)

lol, thought there might be a man behind that!

Power_Junkie said:
....uh hum....and who bought the Scoob in the first place...?? :)

:box:

siu00adg said:
The audi sat nav systems have always been very good to me!, really nice interface too.

Yeah, while its in its under warranty I'm just going to change the intake, exhaust, ECU (take it to around 350bhp) lower it and put some 19" RS4 wheels on it. In 3 years if my cash flow isn't that great I'll stick a big turbo on etc, if the cash flow is good might get an Audi RS de jour or maybe something a bit more hard core.

What is the Std turbo good for? wont it run out of puff before 350? Does the Audi ECU have the option of being fully re mapped, the Subaru/EVO can use EcuTek for this.
How far can you take the S3 without the big bills :)

Power_Junkie said:
What is the Std turbo good for? wont it run out of puff before 350? Does the Audi ECU have the option of being fully re mapped, the Subaru/EVO can use EcuTek for this.
How far can you take the S3 without the big bills :)

350 is pretty much as far as you can take it on the standard turbo with the mod's I mentioned. Internals are probably good for 400bhp, but I guess time will tell. As with the 1.8T the sky is the limit once you've changed the internals and stuck a massive turbo on!

What do you mean by fully remapped?

OK thats a very un stressed turbo as standard then, would things like the fuel pump and pressure Reg and injectors (what size are they) be able to cope without without upgrading.
I think 1 light 400bhp car will be enough though lol

Power_Junkie said:
OK thats a very un stressed turbo as standard then, would things like the fuel pump and pressure Reg and injectors (what size are they) be able to cope without without upgrading.

Yeah, its a good engine - aiculedtzu has managed 362bhp from the standard turbo!

No idea about the pump and injectors, not looked into it tbh, I'm just guessing - the 1.8T S3 is good for 350 without any internal changes.

Power_Junkie said:
you are NOT touching my S3 matey so forget all that turbo talk!! :tapedshut:

I went for silver but nearly went for the blue, for me I just had to have a change from Black as I wanted something easier to care for, have not been disappointed to date and the silver looks almost mirror like when clean if a little understated.

The red looks superb just didn't want that colour for me.

Ref the buckets - they look fantastic in the flesh and make the car feel extra special but were no good for me as you cant have isofix with them, if I didn't have a child I would definetly spec them.

I've not seen any other S3's in my area in any colour so enjoying exlusivity at the moment.

Enjoy when it arrives...

Thanks - I will! I had a call from Audi this morning telling me it could be here even sooner than I thought (mid Nov)......hope so! Can't wait now....!

You won't be disappointed and the quattro will be useful on those Aberdeenshire roads, lovely part of the world by the way, spent some time up at Ellen last year.

Roll on November for you :)

Spin140 said:
You won't be disappointed and the quattro will be useful on those Aberdeenshire roads, lovely part of the world by the way, spent some time up at Ellen last year.

Roll on November for you :)
Thanks :) We love living up here - there are some truly awesome driving roads in the hills....with no-one around! even better!!

rxt80 - still don't fancy ordering the buckets?!:

P1010105.jpg

lol i know that car , U MUST ORDER BUCKET SEATS. i use my dads seat covers to protect them lol