Hello, i'm back again! Windscreen misting issue

floyd 1.8 turbo

Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre
Reaction score
Since this lovely cold weather has arrived and its getting a bit damp, My windscreen keeps getting alot of moisture on the inside of the screen and so when its drops below minus it freeze's up on the inside. This also happened last year when the weather went ****. I close off the vents at night and put a cloth over the top vent on the dash but it still happens

Anyone else have this problem????

P.s
My laptops broken again thats why i've not been on here of late, not that you'd probably noticed!!

Have you checked to ensure the scuttle drains arent blocked?

It sounds like there is a lot of mositure trapped inside the car, either because the drains are blocked and rainwater has leaked in, or because the car doesnt get driven very far and your introducing lots of moisture getting in with wet feet etc but never letting it dry out again.

Craigs S4 does the same, and its as far as i can see because he only ever drives it very short distances and never gets the car properly warmed up.

I have same problem it drives me nuts I was thinking on mine it was because it had a rac windscreen at somepoint in it's life but maybe not I do 35 miles a day in mine and still does it and the heaters are constantly on warm so I don't think it's due to short distances IMO think it's scuttle off job like you said Aragon !!

i've got wind-deflectors on mine and tend to leave the windows open slightly. few mm. never had a problem as they keep the car vented.

Yes I have air con and the econ button, when the econ light is on does that mean the air con is off or on as it sounds like air con cuts in as soon as I switch the control panel off with auto off ??

change your pollen filter when you check the scuttle

The AC compressor runs when the ECON light is off.

If you press the OFF button on the control panel the whole climate control system turns off, not just the AC.