1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello, help please

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Hitharder, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Hitharder

Hitharder Member

[Jul 21, 2009]
    hi guys. great forum here! im new aswell but been reading through.
    need some help. looking to buy a audi a3 sport back sline and have found 2 one is a 55 plate and the other is an 05 plate. could you tell me the difference? the 55 has a different middle console than the older one but the older one is like the new audis. also is there anything to look for? and what does the MY mean in some adverts?
    thanks all
    the first thing after purchase will be interior light upgrade if anyone knows of the kits which i have seen but have lost lol:meeting:
  2. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

[Jul 21, 2009]
    Tdi or petrol ?
    you on about the red l.e.d's that shine down on to the front gear/ashtray area ?
  3. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jul 21, 2009]
    Welcome to the forum!

When you say middle console do you mean the grill? Or the centre console in the interior?

MY stands for Model Year. I think it's about June or July for A3s where they introduce the next years model. Normally it just means there are slight tweaks to the car but essentially it's the same though.

There's a link to info on the interior light package in the FAQs thread mate (at the top of the forum page).
  4. Hitharder

Hitharder Member

[Jul 21, 2009]
    cheers guys, the car will be a 2.0 tdi
    i meant the centre console on the interior and not just the little leds but all the lights including the number plate lights.