1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from the land of yorkshire!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by crazy88, Dec 3, 2009.

1. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

Hi everyone, I just joined up a few days ago and been reading loads of stuff on the forum. I just bought myself an '02 A4 avant in grey, and am loving it!

My only problem now is deciding what to do first with it. Well, my first job is to clean it properly, but it's all the other fun stuff I can't wait for. I am currently thinking HID's, but we'll see.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. crazy88

Oh, a very welcoming forum this is :blownose:

I've included a few pics of my car for your viewing pleasure. It's in its completely standard state at the moment, oh with the exception of one mod...my daughters window toy :laugh: Not my fave mod I must admit.

I don't really plan a lot for it, due to a lack of money. I thick possibly a remap, and I wouldn't mind colour coding the bottom, and fitting the slightly bigger boot spoiler. (who am i kidding, there's loads of plans, hehe)

[​IMG]

#2 crazy88, Dec 4, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  4. stealth64

stealth64 Member

Nice purchase mate!

5. dan1973

dan1973 OCD clean

Welcome along fella enjoy. Any questions just ask away. :)

6. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

Welcome mate.

What model is it? 1.9 TDi?

Let me know how you get on with the remap and HID kit if you go for them - I have a 1.9 TDi Quattro Sport and have considered both. (but again, it's funds at the minute stopping me)

What interior have you got?

7. crazy88

It's the 130hp 1.9TDi, yes indeedy. As for interior, it's black cloth, nothing swish :( It appears there was very little in the form of optional extras that the original owner ordered (Tightwad) oh well.

As for the HID's and remap...i'm in the same boat as you mate. Just bought the car, and wasn't planning on upgrading quite yet, so trying to let the funds accumulate a little first. The more I read about the HIDs the more i'm put off them though, just don't know if I care for the hassle with retro-fitting them. Remap is more likely, but not for a few months.

I also want to lower it really badly too, just down to Standard Sport suspension

8. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Active Member

Yeah defo - the Sport suspension on mine sits quite nicely!

[​IMG]

The main thing I miss on mine, is a lush interior. Just black cloth - more than likely the same as you. Mind, with the amount of kit I throw in mine, it probably wouldnt be wise to have leather as it'd ripped by now!