Hello from Oxford!

Rich00p

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been loitering on here for a while and have always found the forums very helpful, so I thought I'd better introduce myself!
After searching long and hard last year for a TQS within my budget I finally gave up and settled on a 2002 passat tdi ( my 4th in fact.. uurgh) but later sold that earlier this year and again after what seemed like ages I stumbled across this 2000 TQS on a random village classifieds site (the joys of google advanced search)

As I say, it's a 2000 on a W plate, 101K with full Audi history, symphony double din, factory sun roof and rear spoiler, I think I lucked out paying less that 1900 as the chap I bought it from had kept it garaged and done less than 3.5k a year for the last five years and has amazingly never failed an MOT (reaching for some wood)

generally its in pretty good nick, just wants a CV boot and a new flexi joint and perhaps a rear output seal from what I can see, the interior is almost untouched and YES it has a fully working DIS! woop woop! I'm a bit of a sticker for paint and an amateur detailing enthusiast so naturally I was pretty chuffed with the results of a recent wash and clay bar session, this is prior to any machine polishing whatsoever, I plan to spend a few days with my rotary and get it generally looking a bit smarter

Now been completely familiar with all things passat shaped I was well aware of the common plenum drain blockage issue but thought hey its dry, I'll leave it for now and check it in a few days time.. then mother nature decided to point her finger at me and say NOOOO YOU WILL DO IT NOW!

you can see where it was up to and where I managed to drain some of it with a cup but in the end bit the bullet and took the tray out and unblocked the drains.. resulting in a bit of a flood!

all nice and unblocked!

Anyway, I'll get a build thread started soon and post some updates - I have some AP coilovers arriving next week and hope to give it a mild drop if I can get my head around the rear suspension arrangement!

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. That is a great introduction thread, looking forward to your build thread. I hope you enjoy the forum, we are all friendly and helpful. :) x