1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Bonnie Scotland

Neale_hardie Oct 11, 2013

1. Neale_hardie

Neale_hardie New Member

I've recently just joined up after starting the hunt for an a3 2.0L TDi 170. I'm fairly new to the diesel scene, I've got the chance of an a3 2.0L tdi s line Quattro 170 apart from the dreaded DPF is there anything else I should keep my eyes peeled for my other concern is the 103,000 miles or does milage really matter these days. The timing belt and water pump were replaced @ 77,000 miles

Thanks in advance :)

2. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro s tronic Platinum Supporter

Hi Neale, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a look over in the a3 section of the forum, lots if info in the faqs threads. Where in Scotland are you? I have put a link below for the Scottish meets section. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Scotland

3. Neale_hardie

Neale_hardie New Member

Cheers for the heads up.....I'm from Elgin in Morayshire

4. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro s tronic Platinum Supporter

i will add you onto the members list. :) x

5. C6 DRN

C6 DRN living the dream Audi S3 Black Edition

Welcome pal... Just get the dpf removed! Sorted. haha

6. Noddy

Noddy New Member

dpf removal the way to go

Nod

7. Neale_hardie

Neale_hardie New Member

Aye that's seems to be the best option......there's a place in Nairn that I've contacted about getting it done for when I've got myself a 170 and they seem keen enough.

8. Noddy

Noddy New Member

I have a A4 avant sline special edition 170hp, Broadster did my modification : dpf removal. egr delete and stage 1 tune up to around 220bhp what a difference

Nod

9. Neale_hardie

Neale_hardie New Member

That's exactly what I'd be looking into also.....how much did all that set you back if you don't mind me asking??

10. herbie

herbie Member

Hi there, Id do your research before buying a 2.0 TDi, their problems are well documented n here.

11. Rabie2412

Rabie2412 Active Member

Hi there........Had no Probs with my 177 Quattro...