1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from a potential new A3 owner

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by Ovv, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Ovv

Ovv New Member

[Aug 20, 2010]
    Howdy Folks,

Thought I would say hello before I start asking all sorts of silly questions about buying a Audi.
    Currently driving a MK5 Golf as a daily runner with a Classic Impreza in the garage as a weekend toy, but looking at a 2008 A3 Sportback to replace the VW.

Still in the process of deciding between the a Audi or a newer MK6 Golf.

Anyways, Im sure I will be asking some questions soon enough,

Chris.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

[Aug 20, 2010]
    :sign_welcome:
  4. SneakaFreaka83

SneakaFreaka83 ASN is hazardous 2 your wallet

[Aug 20, 2010]
    WELCOME to ASN fella..... hope to hear bits on your progress and see some pics of the motor.. (you know the SB makes sense over the mk 6):eyebrows:
  5. Ovv

Ovv New Member

[Aug 20, 2010]
    lol - Yeah, I drove one at the local Audi garage and absolutely loved it, 140 TDI S Line - loved the leather and interior, a bit down on power though but thats only cos my Golf is remapped, plus it was missing some toys - Auto Lights & Rain Sensors & Cruise, which my MK5 has and MK6 Golf has as standard.

Think I will have to wait and try for a private sale though, trade in price was pretty shocking. cheers for the welcome btw.
  6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Aug 20, 2010]
    Welcome & TBH mate, the 8P is a nice car if setup right, the MK5 has some lovely looks if kitted up like a GTI or R32, also can add some nice features like the touch screen nav, mk5 is a nice car, but then the 8P interior can look spot on, hard decisions I'd say.

Do you specifically want an 08 SB as I might be offloading an 05 with nice setup.
  7. Ovv

Ovv New Member

[Aug 20, 2010]
    Cheers for the welcome and the cheeky offer, but looking for slightly younger car. My Golf is a 54 plate so looking at 08 plates purely as thats what my budget of 18k can stretch too. Thats also roughly the price of a 59 plate pre-registered Golf.

Torn between newer Golf or older Audi - Golf wins on toys and warranty / Audi wins on drive & Interior... Tough decisions indeeed.
  8. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 20, 2010]
    Hiya and welcome. SB would win for me! Sure a good one will pop up and catch your eye!