1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by jcs356, Jun 28, 2004.

1. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Hi folks, thought it was about time I said hello and introduced myself and my cars.

I've got a 2001 Nogaro S3 with black leather and Bose. I paid a visit to Kim Collins on Friday and had the MTM rechip, Milltek exhaust and new dump valve. Unfortunately I'm suffering from the collapsing intake pipe syndrome, so I need to fit a strengthened intake to get up to the full bhp.

I've also got a couple of other cars - a Chesil Speedster - a kit car replica of a 1958 Porsche 356 based on a Beetle - great for posing in; and a 1994 Seat Ibiza GTi (AMD chipped) which I'm hopefully going to strip out and turn into a track day car - providing I get the work done before it rusts to oblivion! It may have VW mechanicals, but I don't know what they made the bodywork out of!

Anyway, I intend to take an active part in the forum, and will try to make it to the Windsor meet at the end of the month.

Jason

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Hey, whats up im Stefan. I like some of the car you got, there hot. "the s3"

4. Haris

Haris Member

Welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the Mad house!

6. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Thanks for your messages. Unfortunately didn't manage to make it to Windsor for the meet this evening. Will try again next month.

7. TanyaS3

TanyaS3 Member

hi and welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. Welcome.

I'm new aswell!

Nice motors you've got there by the way. I'd be interested to know how you get on with the Seat project.

9. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

[ QUOTE ]
    Drew 2226 said:
    Nice motors you've got there by the way. I'd be interested to know how you get on with the Seat project.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hi Drew,
    The Seat project - here goes. It is a March 94 Ibiza GTi - 1984cc 8valve. Nothing at all wrong with the mechanicals (93k, FSH, synthetic oil from new etc). It was chipped by 'old' AMD back in 1997 up to 135bhp, with a K&N filter, and then later fitted a Supersprint Exhaust. It has been serviced the past few years by Autotechnik in Southampton.
    It is badly let down by the bodywork which is rusting in so many places. I doubt I could sell it for much as the rust would put most people off. Hence the car is worth more to me than to anyone else. So the plan is, as I can find bits and pieces second hand (e.g. rollcage), to strip it down and have some fun! Oh, and to also attack the rust with some hammerite etc. It isn't going to look pretty, but hopefully should do the trick.

10. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Just got myself a roll cage for the Ibiza thanks to eBay. I realise it isn't an Audi, but track days here we come. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

11. Just Plain Old

Just Plain Old Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    DickyS3 said:
    Welcome to the Mad house!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep welcome mate, I'm new too. Mind you it's more like the 'sad' house than the 'mad' house. It's a bit boring, even general chat is dead as the proverbial DoDo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'll try and liven it up but i'm lacking inspiration at the moment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif