Hello everybody, pleased to meet you all

Steve Edwards

Reaction score
My names Steve, I bought a new A7 in September and I'm absolutely loving it, I've never had a nice car before but decided to go for it and I'm so happy I did. One small but annoying problem though is the locking, I'm told there should be an option in the settings to adjust between drivers door only or all doors? I haven't got this option. It's not greyed out it's just not there at all, I think there should be 4 or 5 different settings but I only see one which is for moving the windows up and down on a long press of the key remote. Anyone have this issue or heard anything about it? The car dealership is aware and have told me to wait for Audi's response. Still waiting 3 months later. Anyway nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the forum Steve. Good car choice!

There should indeed be an MMI setting for the lock/unlock feature, in the "Car" setting menus of the MMI.

The option toggles between driver only unlock, or all unlock. If driver only door is selected, unlocking all is done by a double push of the unlock button on the fob. I had this on both my A7 C7 and the S7 C7.5, so it should be there.....

I'm away from car, so can't give you step by step. Assume you've read the manual?

:racer:

Thanks for the reply, it is a fault but I'm interested to see if it's just my car or others are affected? Dealership are aware and they said they sold a new a6 with the fault as well. I don't get any menu options under the car settings other than the window one, I suggested reloading the software but they dismissed this quite quickly? I don't know why?

Full MMI software reload is a pain, and can take a few hours - car has to be hooked up to the central brain in Germany, and of course no guarantee it would fix the issue.

If the window option is all you have inside the car menus then your missing loads......

I've put some pictures on, it's the setting under "central locking" I don't know how many there should be? The chap at the dealership said 4 or 5 but he wasn't 100% confident himself? Thanks for the replys, I presume your name is your job as well?

Attachments

• IMG_3335.JPG
    IMG_3335.JPG
    780.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3336.JPG
    IMG_3336.JPG
    670.1 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3337.JPG
    IMG_3337.JPG
    802.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3338.JPG
    IMG_3338.JPG
    704.3 KB · Views: 137
Hi Steve, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice car. Enjoy the forum. :)

[QUOTE="Steve Edwards, post: 2886238, member: 118140"[I presume your name is your job as well?[/QUOTE]

Was a few years ago, did my 20 and took early redundancy :racer:

Welcome Steve, hope you get your MMI issue sorted

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I've spoken to a different dealer today and he said that it's a new A6/A7 software issue that Audi (I presume Germany) are currently trying to fix. Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I don't think it will be a quick one. Can someone post a pic of their menu screen to see what it is I'm missing? Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, great car you've got and really hope you get the problems sorted.