1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, Changing my Double Din HU? HELP Please

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Tim_Attard, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Tim_Attard

Tim_Attard Active Member

Hello,

I’m new here and have just got my Audi a3 which I love; my first area of focus was the engine cleaned, DV, Hoses, and Paint etc. I am now going for my second area which is audio and need help on fitting a new head unit.

I have an 03 Audi A3 1.8t it has a double din symphony installed already and want to know what I need to change it to a aftermarket double din?

I can’t find anything useful on the web that I have seen, I know they don’t make a fascia adapter so I would have to get an a4 one and trim it but what one would I need?

Would I need any other parts?
    What would I need to do to the wires?

Thanks
    Tim
  2. MaXRayne

MaXRayne New Member

3. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

The 8L has sharper corners the one linked looks like an 8P

You wont find a facia off the shelf for what you are doing. I wish i had never started my aftermarket head unit project now.
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

As said no one makes a DD fascia adapter for the 8L.
    You will need an RCA ISO wiring adapter PC9-410 and an ISO amplifier antenna adpter
    CT27AA05 Aerial/Antenna VAG Active ISO Adaptor

You will also be missing a switched live on the ISO power harness as your A3 uses the CANBUS to tell the HU when the ignition is on/off. So you will need to either wire one in from the fusebox (fuse Radio s-Kont) or power the new HU off the permanent live and switch it on/off manually i.e. splice both the yellow & red feeds on the new HU together.