1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, Changing my Double Din HU? HELP Please

Tim_Attard Jan 3, 2013

1. Tim_Attard

Tim_Attard Active Member

Hello,

I’m new here and have just got my Audi a3 which I love; my first area of focus was the engine cleaned, DV, Hoses, and Paint etc. I am now going for my second area which is audio and need help on fitting a new head unit.

I have an 03 Audi A3 1.8t it has a double din symphony installed already and want to know what I need to change it to a aftermarket double din?

I can’t find anything useful on the web that I have seen, I know they don’t make a fascia adapter so I would have to get an a4 one and trim it but what one would I need?

Would I need any other parts?
    What would I need to do to the wires?

Thanks
    Tim

2. MaXRayne

MaXRayne New Member

3. @udi A3

@udi A3 Site Sponsor Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

The 8L has sharper corners the one linked looks like an 8P

You wont find a facia off the shelf for what you are doing. I wish i had never started my aftermarket head unit project now.

4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

As said no one makes a DD fascia adapter for the 8L.
    You will need an RCA ISO wiring adapter PC9-410 and an ISO amplifier antenna adpter
    CT27AA05 Aerial/Antenna VAG Active ISO Adaptor

You will also be missing a switched live on the ISO power harness as your A3 uses the CANBUS to tell the HU when the ignition is on/off. So you will need to either wire one in from the fusebox (fuse Radio s-Kont) or power the new HU off the permanent live and switch it on/off manually i.e. splice both the yellow & red feeds on the new HU together.