1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello and hope this is the right forum

Discussion in 'RS4 Forum (B5 and B7 Chassis)' started by ang12el, May 30, 2007.

1. ang12el

ang12el Member

[May 30, 2007]
    I have recently aquired an Audi A4 quatro sport advant.. and hope someone can advise me on the following
    First question what is the diffrence in a quatro and a say normal production A4 is it something to do with the suspension (please indulge me as I know very little about cars)
    Secondly and I have seen the sticky in relation to washing your car but would it be alright to put it in a car wash (not one with automatic brushes)
    3rd but not least what is the best process for polishing up so that you get a deep shine

I hope this is the right forum to pose these questions if not I apologise

:)
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 26, 2014]

3. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[May 30, 2007]
    In answer to your questions, first welcome to AS.net.
    A quattro has 4 wheel drive and an standard car is front wheel drive only.
    A car wash is okay if you go to a reputable garage and polish it occasionally
    I use Autoglym super resin polish and then turtle wax gloss guard and i find them to be good.
    My bodywork is not perfect but then a car that does 30k per year isn't going to be!
  4. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[May 30, 2007]
    By the way this is the forum for the RS4, you may want to try here
  5. ang12el

ang12el Member

[May 30, 2007]
    Thank you for the very quick reply however I dont quite understand if you have 4 wheel drive isnt there supposed to be a differental stick or lever were you can disconnect the drives so that not all 4 are being used at the same time

what I mean is the model of car is a 2002 B6 engine quatro sport advant but to me it has a front wheel drive .

Thanks for directing me to the correct forum and will from now on post there
  6. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

[May 30, 2007]
    Hello & :sign_welcome: to the site.
  7. Caesium

Caesium My BM is fixed!

[May 30, 2007]
    Maybe in a land rover!
  8. enda1

enda1 Member

[May 31, 2007]
    As A4 quattro says "maybe in a landrover". The audis have an automatic central differential (a torsen diff in the A4/A6 and a haldex set up in the A3/TT) that distributes the power between the front and rear axles depending on which axle has more grip. Older quattros used to have a button by the hand brake to lock the rear diff but it only worked at low speeds, i think the newer ones do this automatically with the ASR/ESP systems