1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello and Happy New Year

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by marshole82, Jan 2, 2014.

1. marshole82

marshole82 New Member

[Jan 2, 2014]
    Now that the generic title is done and out of the way....

I'm Oli, I've been around the VAG community for around 8 years and have owned a couple of them:
    • mk4 golf pd130 - mapped, recaro anni interior, colour-coded interior, matt black tt comps, 312mm brake upgrade
    • corrado 1.8 16v - satin black, (crappy) s/s system, lowered on cheap coilies
    • and a passat b5 20vt which had no mods and was very dull....
    But at the moment I find myself in the dire straights of owning 2 fords; a 1.25 fiesta zetec and a 1.6tdci cmax....the dark side of parenting!!

'Er indoors has promised I can buy what I like after we're married later this year, so being a bit of a car-lover and an organised kind of chap I started looking for something about a year ago :happy:

So the options have been an E46 330 sport, Golf mk4 4mo, Merc SEC500 (oh yes, the pillarless coupe), and an 8L S3. So here I am.

I'm leaning toward the S3 because of the AWD and tuning potential, although the 210/225bhp would be plenty....at least to start with....

If anyone has any titbits of information, links, good mods to do I'd be grateful for the links, but I've had a scan around and have a good idea of what I could do or could afford to do :)

Oli
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 2, 2014]
    Welcome to the site Oli.

S3 8L all day long out of those.
  4. marshole82

marshole82 New Member

[Jan 2, 2014]
    it depends! i like the noise of the 6-pots, and the 330 has a nice linear grunt all the way through. pull off in 4th and not having to change gear until you hit the speed limit lol

the SEC was a pipe dream - too difficult to look after. so the S3 or the 330 then. its a tough choice if i'm honest, both have good and bad qualities....i feel a 'should i dump them' list coming on :blownose:
  5. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 4, 2014]
    Hi Oli, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x
  6. marshole82

marshole82 New Member

[Jan 4, 2014]
    Thanks, I've got a while before I make a choice of car so I'll be browsing for a bit. Seems like a decent community so far :)
    Sandra likes this.