Hello and a question for quattro owners

2.0 8v

Evolving Perspective.
Reaction score
Time to introduce my self I think. I'm Denis from the Rep. of Ireland and bought my 1st Audi last November and I have to say I'm impressed. Logged on here soon after and I have to say many of my questions were answered before I even had to ask, so Thanks:thumbsup:

The car is a 01 A4 B6 1.8T quattro saloon in silver, one previous lady owner (I know, sounds like a dodgy ad!), with 130k on the clock at time of purchase.

In pretty good condition, needs the odd scratch and stone chip sorting out, the usual really.

Now for my question, has anyone had to replace the seal on the rear diff? Had it on a lift the other day and a nice bit of gear oil showing. wiped it down, checked the drain/filler plug and it seemed fine. Any suspects, tips etc would be greatly appreciated.

Its an almost std quattro failing. I understand it not to be too difficult.I hope not anyway, as i have to do mine soon. I would at least top it up for now while you look into it

my mechanic said mine had a fine mist on it nothing too much but a very fine mist, took this as normal.