Hello all

Avantador

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

After difficult but successful negotiations, I have put a deposit on a 12 plate A6 avant S-line (177ps manual). Will be taking delivery of it some time next week I imagine.

Had a browse of the Audi forums, this one seems the best/friendliest, so I hope you don't mind me joining in. Was hoping for some ongoing advice. You all seem very knowledgeable.

So apart from a few minor cosmetic issues with the car, that the dealer is rectifying for me, the silver part of the centre console has a number of dents and scratches, which are not that bad, but with my attention to detail, absolutely can not be left as are. The dealer won't fix them (too expensive for the negotiated price) and I was wondering how best to address it. I've asked them to quote for the work done, but i'm expecting it to be ridiculously expensive being an audi dealership.

I was thinking maybe one of those Chips or dents away type guys might be able to do something but with it being brushed chrome, wonder how if its even possible.

The other option I have considered is buying the part (from a scrap or dealer) and fitting it myself but expect it will be a big job and would need a how to guide.

Anyway, thoughts appreciated for the above topic and if you have no opinion on it, you might be able to answer the next one.

It isn't exactly flush with optional extras and so I was wondering what modifications are popular amongst the A6 clan. What mods / gadgets can I add that won't cost a fortune.

Thanks for reading!

Tony

Welcome Tony. I suspect the scrapper will be your best bet. There's plenty of advice on here once you have the parts - I guess you will get a better idea if you have to remove the bits from the donor car.

Welcome aboard. As Andy says, the breakers are your best bet.
Good luck,
Dave