1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by will_1223, Mar 6, 2011.

1. will_1223

will_1223 New Member

Hi all my name is will and i live and work in ipswich, im 24 and currently own a vw bora 1.9tdi, my family is growing to 4 people come september so am in the process of looking for a more comfortable car (size wise) to have as our family car, i have spoken with my wife who will also drive the car and we have agree'd on an audi a6, dont know if we want a saloon or estate as yet but we have also agree'd on the mighty 2.7 turbo which i have fallen for big time, i have owned fast cars before and tbh the bora is the slowest car family or not i have owned so looking forward to the awsome noise from a v6 and also the accompanied turbo's, i will be getting it remapped and tuning a little to bring out that awsome noise a bit more but i do require some fuel ecomony, i can live with the 25-27mpg but wouldnt want much less. Anyway great site and look forward to being a bigger part.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. kayleyboo

kayleyboo New Member

Hello & Welcome :)

4. Bugsy_27

Bugsy_27 Vorsprung Durch Technik

welcome to the site

5. voorhees

voorhees Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Black Edition Team Brill Red

Hello and Welcome to the site
    My mate had a Bora....weren't slow nearly 600 bhp :) after a few tweeks
    good luck with your search

6. will_1223

will_1223 New Member

Lol yeh thats slightly quicker than the 110hp i got now from my tdi, 600hp in a bora must been pritty fun, they a good looking car just not big enough for us anymore or wont be, returns damn good mpg too, 63 on run and 45+ round town, thats the only thing i will miss with the a6 lol

7. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the forum. The A6 is a good car and good engine choice. Hope its got parking sensors unless your wifes a good judge of distance! They are big cars! Loved mine, was sad to see it go!

8. will_1223

will_1223 New Member

Yeh she got pritty good judgement, hopefully she will of passed her test by next month so will have a few months experience before i get the beast but she driven my volvo 850 t5 when i had it so she used to a larger car, will just have to warn her before i remap it lol hahahahahaha 300hp+ with an exhaust, dunno if i should decat as i still want some economy and dont think i will get that with a decat hmmm

9. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
    Staff Member Moderator

depends what you want, me, id go decat but with the car I drive, mpg isnt top priority lol!

10. will_1223

will_1223 New Member

yeh, i mean i can live with 20+mpg i think but tbh with a good map it shouldnt effect it too much anyway as long as it is mapped, if we move to where we want mpg wont be a problem either as i will be having alot more money in my pocket lol.

11. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

Hi & welcome to ASN!

12. Aaronipswich

Aaronipswich Member

Hello mate I'm from ipswich too