Hello All - Pick up my A3 Tmrw

quattro_mike

Reaction score
Hi all - thought I'd introduce myself!

I'm going to be picking up my A3 TDi tomorrow and I can't wait! I'm getting a Phantom Black '05 2.0TDi S-Line Quattro with a tidy selection of extras including full heated leather, armrest, sunroof, 6CD with Bose....

I'm coming from a Stage 2 VX220 Turbo so am going to be missing the performance but am looking forward to the heated seats and other goodies, and will also be looking forward to some peace from the girlfriend moaning about how impractical (and :cold: )the VX is! Before the VX I had a Leon Cupra R, which I loved for its quality and refinement, so am anticipating that the A3 will be a good step on from this.

I've gone for the 140hp version, so will be looking for a remap - having done a quick search on here it seems that Revo are still the leaders for VAG tuning, although Superchips now seem more popular than when I had my Seat - any comments on this?

Anyway, I'll be checking in on here to find out all about the little foibles of the car so you'll be seeing some more of me! Great smilies on here by the way! :asskicking:

Good luck for tomorrow, the A3 is a nice car but you are going to notice the drop in performance - although you won't be spending much time at the petrol station !

With remaps, i've used superchips and liked the results, revo are also highly rated, others to look for are GIAC remaps and there is/was ?? a discount on custom code elsewher on the forum

Nice car :icon_thumright:

Beginning to wish I'd gone for heated seats in this weather :).

I've got Bluefin on my 140 and I'm very happy with the results - it's not the cheapest option at about £540 (with a 10% forum discount), but Superchips have a good name in the VAG scene and offer a decent warranty.

If you can get a go in a remapped car, that should help your decision for which company to go for.

Make sure you post some pics up :icon_thumright: