1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. arsenal_69r

arsenal_69r audi a3

right just bin driving back on the motorway and all my speed revs clock petrol the lot has just stopped working lights not has bright as they should be, get home turn the car of and back on again but it wont start again its like there no battery power left. am i in need of a new battery or is something else coursin this. alo the abs light come on and also the warning. i have a 1.8 sport a3 1998

2. arsenal_69r

arsenal_69r audi a3

anyone?

3. Terrier QTS

Terrier QTS Member

Could be the battery or alternator. Have you checked the fan belt around the alternator is still there? I unknowingly ran an old Astra for a good number of miles with a broken belt before it ran out of juice.

4. arsenal_69r

arsenal_69r audi a3

ill have to have a look in the morning as it was pretty dark when this all happened cheers for that tho :)

5. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 saloon S-line owners group Manual

Could be the alternator, sound defo like that, see if you can get a voltmeter on the battery and see what power it gives off.

6. womb raider

womb raider Member

if u wasnt arsenal, then i would help u out

but u are, so im not
    :yes:

7. arsenal_69r

arsenal_69r audi a3

right just tried to start my car up this morning and started first time a bit sloppy mind but it did start. if it was dead last night surely it cant be the battery if it started this morning?

8. arsenal_69r

arsenal_69r audi a3

any help would be appreciated :)

9. MIKE GTR

MIKE GTR Member

As im always saying, get the simple things tested first like battery and alternator, then start looking for peoples ideas once you've checked the basics

10. arsenal_69r

arsenal_69r audi a3

well the car now starts so surely that cancels out the battery. and yer i shall be checking the alternator but cant see it being that to be fair but cheers :)