Hellllooooooooooo

Gaffer

Reaction score
Website
gafferlicious.com
I just wanted to say hi to everyone here :) .

I’ve just upgraded my “commute car” which was this:

b6U1Y4O.jpg

With it’s 1.34l engine and mahooosive 99bhp, I felt like an old man pottering to and from work. The biggest problem with it, though, was the torsion beam rear axle which provide the single most uninspired drive I have ever had the pleasure of falling asleep to (and I should know, being an anaesthetist).
So in the search for a slightly more ...erm... spirited drive combined with wanting AWD for when it snows or rains, I went looking for a suitable upgrade. As my sister owns A4's and I am impressed with them, I was looking at S3's, Quattro's, Golf R's and similar, all of which are quick but not too fast coupled with solid build quality and a premium feel. So in the end I settled on this:

TQpmiin.jpg

2wkN2FV.jpg

nRdTFb6.jpg

EZ5k15d.jpg

It's a Audi 2.0 TFSI Quattro Black Edition. Additions over my old Jazz are full leather interior with heated seats, dual zone climate control, satnav, (opening) sunroof, Xenons, 4WD, parking sensors (the zoned thingy that appears on the display).
On the downside, it's DSG so I'm not sure how i'll cope without a good ol' manual gearshift, but the flappy paddles might be a good middle ground (I’m planning on buying those paddle extensions from eBay to make them a bit bigger - hopefully they won’t fall off with the 3M tape they're supplied with).
It also has the Bose speaker upgrade in which (correct me if I'm wrong) only the sub is a bit crap? (so I will take my active Alpine 8" DVC out of the Jazz and put it into this one - should be easy to splice phono inputs and remote on into the existing Bose digital amp/processor - then I can leave the existing Bose amp as is).
Apart from that, I don't think the spec requires any additions from me.

Being Used Approved means I get the 1 year Warranty and they’ll fix all the minor niggles prior to me collecting it (hopefully next weekend) which include:
  • Bonnet slightly misaligned (no previous accidents but it needs to be adjusted by them as the panel gap on the drivers side is twice as big as the passenger side)
  • Both rear tyres bald - they'll be replaced
  • BIG paint chip passenger lower sill to be made good
  • drivers fog grill enclosure loose/broken - will be replaced
  • rear window scratched where is looks like the rear wiper was used without a blade being in it - doh! The scratch is where the metal mount point on the wiper arm is. If they can't polish it out they said they'll replace the rear window.
  • apparently an ipod cable is included (I couldn't find it in the cabin)
  • They'll give me 1 years tax disc as well :)
I think I also get Audi insurance for 7 days for free (gives to time to arrange Direct Line to switch my policy from my old Jazz). Any downsides to this? (hopefully there won't be any hidden charges).

Also be prepared to answer other weird and wonderful questions in the upcoming months as I get used to owning my first (;)) Audi.....

Reactions: Sandra
Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you enjoy the new car and the forum. :) x

Welcome to ASN. Nice looking car. Get it detailed and it will probably bring it back to 'as new' if not better. The dealer valeting it will probably do more harm than good to the paintwork.

Hi there and welcome. Bet you are looking forward to getting in the seat of your new car!
All the best with it :blackrs4:
Ben

I couldn't wait any longer and have already bought these from amazon:
51W5XPVPT2L.jpg

Alpine SWE-815 is out of the Jazz and awaiting it's new home. Insurance sorted, now I just have to go to get my work car park pass tomorrow).

I've been perfectly happy looking for a car for the past 5 months but now I can't seem to wait 6 more days before I collect it :D.