1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helllllllllppppppppp please!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by audi-a6, Sep 26, 2011.

1. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

I got an audi 2.7t 1999, for a while now the traction control randomly cuts in, normally under load, but i just ignored it, then today i was going along (about 15-20mph) and i went round a sharp bend and it felt like the abs cut in, i was not even touching the brake! also just before coming to a complete stop i can feel the brake pedal juddering (abs cutting in im guessing) and now i just popped out and the abs and traction control light came on, so i stopped, turned off then back on again, it stays off for a few seconds then comes back on.......... any ideas.......?????????
  2. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member

I think you need to get the car scanned with vcds, that will tell you why the light is on. Try these guys used them to complete my autobox oil changed and had other friends recommend them. Advanced Auto Repairs
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  3. elan2s

elan2s Member

Common cause can be the brake light switch, if that fails then the ABS and EPS lights can come on as the systems get confused. Worth checking if the brake lights are coming on when you press the pedal, ultimately though a scan may be required to tell you the fault
  4. audi-a6

audi-a6 Member

solved it, i just took all the sensors off, rubbed them with a bit of wet/dry sandpaper, now the lights have gone off and works fine :)
    ballomatic likes this.
  5. ballomatic

ballomatic New Member

rubbed the connections to the sensors with sand paper?
  6. ballomatic

ballomatic New Member

rubbed the connections to the sensors with sandpaper?