1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELLA LEDayline 5 Daytime Running Lights

gtvlew Mar 30, 2013

1. gtvlew

gtvlew Member

2. Ste_Nova

Ste_Nova Active Member

pics when you install

3. Cabbyfan

Cabbyfan Active Member

Gotta say I'm really not a fan of DRLs . Some of them are waaaaaay too bright and I have seen some positioned so badly I couldn't see the front indicators.

4. gtvlew

gtvlew Member

Gotta say mate I am a fan:salute:

5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

What front have you got on your car? And where are you going to fit them?

6. gtvlew

gtvlew Member

GMBH sline fitting in lower fog grilles

7. quattrojames

How are you going to be able to fit a slim led unit into a honeycomb effect grille and make it look good?

8. Az

Az Hard slammed!

I have the Ring dual function (day brightness and night brightness) SMD LED DRL's and I fitted them in my fog light grilles, but I have an S4 front bumper and grilles so that's obviously different to yours, but you get the idea. I had to shave just a little bit off of my front bumper and a little bit off of the grilled to make them fit as I wanted them to look as factory fitted as possible. I'm pleased with the outcome though! One of mine did die as mentioned after about a year, but we'll see how the new ones last.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. quattrojames

They look good, I like them. But I don't think fitting them to a GmbH front will be anywhere near as forgiving!

10. gtvlew

gtvlew Member

[QUO lbTE=quattrojames;1831487]They look good, I like them. But I don't think fitting them to a GmbH front will be anywhere near as forgiving![/QUOTE]

I will use a toolmaker to machine slots for DRLs , the company I work for has lots of let's say plenty of skill sets to machine virtually anything in any material almost

11. gtvlew

gtvlew Member

That looks epic nice job

12. Az

Az Hard slammed!

Cheers mate :)

13. Ste_Nova

Ste_Nova Active Member

on newer cars they dim the drl when the indicator is active, some even active the fog light on the side that is indicating

14. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

They look ok, but iv gotta say - im not a fan of DRL's, they are the modern day version of the lexus light.

15. Aerol1

Aerol1 New Member

16. Aerol1

Aerol1 New Member

Cheapest place I could find hella daytime running lights is from here hope it helps. (Brought a set my self, amazing quality)

Search - Incar Motor Factors