HEEEELP Alarm wont shut off!!!!

S3K

Reaction score
Its bloomin Saturday night and my alarm has gone haywire!! It goes off when its armed and when its not armed....also cant get it to stop using the key fob. Obviuosly not very good for the night time so have ended up disconnecting the battery. Can anybody point me in the right direction of a quick fix?? How can I disable just the siren cos its ****** annoying. I know its saturday and most of you are prolly on the merry juice but can someone help??? I need the car to tide me over till I can get it checked out properly and cant even reconnect the battery without it going off moments later. Pleeeease tell me where I can disconnect it from.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Have tried the fuse for the alarm but it still goes off.....the only way was the battery....

I had exactly the same problem, but it would wait until 3am and then start, only way was to disconnect the battery. Don't think there's any other easier way as the unit controls the immobiliser as well and it's buried behind the sub so not easy to get to.
There was othing wrong with my unit it was just that we hadn't used the car for ages and as the nights got colder the unit got confused as the battery voltage dropped. Just charged the battery overnight and the problem went away.
Sounds like your problem is different. Mine didn't flash the hazards either just beeped like a very loud clock radio.

Thats what mine was doing...a ****** annoying clock radio at that!!! Gonna give it a run tomorrow and see whats what. The car is used regular as in everyday but it is a frosty night. It was ok until the other half went out and picked up the curry in it. Trying to blame her but she isnt having none of it. Got an idea about the checking the bonnet switch tomorrow...too late tonight. If I went to trouble of getting behind the sub to get to it can I disable it from there for the time being?

Can't you just unlock the car with the key to turn it off and then relock the car with the key to secure it but not alarm it?

I may be totally incorrect but I thought that's how it works.

[ QUOTE ]
Can't you just unlock the car with the key to turn it off and then relock the car with the key to secure it but not alarm it?

I may be totally incorrect but I thought that's how it works.

[/ QUOTE ]

It goes off without it being armed...also if you use the key to lock it instead of the fob....

i know it's probably no help, but had a similar prob with my mk4 golf, turned out the water feed to the rear wiper had split and was dripping slowly on to the tailgate lock, making alarm think the boot was being opened.
on golf if you lock with keyfob twice it's meant to turn alarm off and just leave immobilised. worth a try /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

your lucky your alarm works lol

mine doesnt make no noise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bleedin 3 o'clock this morning and it went off again....ended up getting in thru the passenger door and using the central locking switch to shut both sides so it doesnt arm itself...solved the problem for another night...just need some time off work to get it looked at /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3am? that sounds familiar, are you sure your car isn't reading this thread?

I had that happen to me a few months back. VAG-COM indicated it was the bonnet that had opened.

Discovered that the sensor for the bonnet was dirty.

I got a big screwdriver and push it in the bonnet catch to lock it, wiped the sensor and problem fixed!