Heavy Breathing

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
I'm not talking about my telephone habbits either.

Was having some issues with the car overboosting anc coughing under load. I know my MAF is past its best a new one will be sourced as soon after pay day as poss. I thought I would whip th eMAF out and give it a spray with some electrical contact cleaner. When removing the MAF to turbo pipe I found oil in it and the breather valve thingy was full of oil :( Bit worried about it, anything I can look at that may not cost me an arm and a left *******.

There is always a little oil running around in the intake system. It's always a good way to find a leak (look for the damp pipes). The amount of oil can also depend on lots of other things such as the types of journeys the car does the oil in the car. how old the oil is etc.

Does the car smoke? is there a strong smell of old from the exhaust? does the car use a lot of oil?

I would think that you will find that you car is ok and this is just normal amounts collecting in the pipes

Good luck

Admin :)

mine does as well and that is on an engine with less than 10k on it, turbo has done 90k mind,. it's normal to find a bit, usually goes in the intercooler to turbo link pipe along front of a4 and collects in there, so when you jack car up and take lower pipes off you get a face full if not careful :)

Sounds like things might not be to worrying then. The car does about 30miles a day for the work commute and is run on semi synthetic oil.

I'll sling this oil catch tank in over the weekend and clean the pipework out and see what collects from there.