1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heavy breathing...

Beck Oct 25, 2012

1. Beck

Beck New Member

So today I got my car remapped (yay). I was informed that I need a new maf sensor.

When I got my cam belt done a few weeks ago, I was told that it was breathing a bit heavy. I'm gonna get a new maf sensor, is there anything else I need to check, or that is worth a change anyway?
    All my hoses are ok, I need new ones but there are no splits or leaks for now.

thanks for any help.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  2. Yohan87

Yohan87 Guest

Who mapped your car? Do you know what figures it produced?

I'd scan your car for faults to get a better idea of what's up, if anything.

3. Beck

Beck New Member

Amd in woking. 200bhp and 230 torque, roughly as they don't have a rolling road, lord knows how they figure it out. He told me to go back when I have a sensor and he will data log it again as he thinks it will go higher.

I scanned it about 2 months ago and nothing came up, my car has always been groggy low revs but picks up well in the higher revs. I will get it checked again then.

4. Beck

Beck New Member

Rather than starting a new thread, was driving in 2nd then suddenly I had a drop of power. Engine light came on, so I put it on vcds and it came up with 16684 (random misfire) however it doesn't come up with any specific cylinder like everyone when i searched this. It's the only fault I get.
    Just wondering if anyone knows what this could be or a list of things to check. Being poor at the moment going to a garage would be too easy. Could it be coils or plugs? Anything else I should get checked?

5. Paradox1

Paradox1 Well-Known Member

Type that code into google mate

6. Grale1

Grale1 Active Member

I know beck googled that code and it wasn't one thing specific, we did clean the MAF sensor on her car and mine yesterday, and she said it seemed to be a little better in the lower revs, could it be her coilpack playing up? As its juddering