1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heaters blowing some cold air?

rickyquicky Jan 5, 2010

1. rickyquicky

rickyquicky Member

As we all know its FREEZING cold lately!

But when im putting my heaters on there seems to be a vent around the glovebox or centre console area that is blowing cold air :blink:

Is this normal? It cant be outside cold air coming in because I can actually feel it 'blowing' if you know what I mean :blush:

Either way, its annoying, im bloody freezing, and there is this cold draught in the car! Anyone else?

2. 330_2_S3

330_2_S3 Member

I think I know what you mean, but are you sure its not just when you take your hands away from the steering your hands just get cold and it feels like there is a breeze?

It could just be the warm air from the vents constantly blowing on your hands making them feel "cold" when you move it to another position other than the wheel?

I dunno, maybe my theory is BS? lol

3. adamroutley

adamroutley Member

Anybody figure this out? Its like a cold area area by the gear stick and the knee bars. All the vents are blowing warm air :uhm:

4. Artimus

Artimus Shortback

I think the centre dash vents are supposed to always blow cold, they're for keeping you fresh & awake whilst you drive.

Also, the centre vent in the Climate Control system draws air in from the car to sample the temperature - maybe that's the cause of the 'draft'.

5. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

you have vents at the bottom of the windscreen, the ones in front of you above the stereo and the ones above your feet in the footwell. You can control which ones are blowing the air through by using the buttons on the right of the climate control unit. perhaps set the air to come through the feet area and set it to 28degrees and see if you are still getting cold air?

6. adamroutley

adamroutley Member

done, done and done.

all are blowing warm/hot air when selected to blow isolated. then when its set to auto, still all blow warm/hot air, but there is the area around the knee bars that there is a cool draft..its a weird on! maybe its haunted? :ninja:

7. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk Site Sponsor VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A5

ok so when you independantly selected an area did you feel the air from the knee bars from any one particular setting? for instance did you feel the air around the knee bar when you selected the 'air to face' setting?
    also check if there is air coming out of all the vents and not weak on a certain vent

8. adamroutley

adamroutley Member

same draft regardless of functioning fans..its definitely a weird one! I think I may just put it down to a quirky "feature" aha

9. _G_

_G_ Active Member

this is a strange one.. mine started doing this about two weeks ago... i dont know if it is something to do with the climatronic as i had a fault code for that... cleared it and it returned and now hoping to replace the climate control unit.