Heater temperature regulators

A4b6stupot

Reaction score
I was hoping you guys could help I've had a problem with the heater since I bought it which I've narrowed down to the temperature regulator for the drivers side. My questions other than the coloured arm which is interchangeable, is there any difference between the drivers and the passengers side.
The reason I ask is I can find passenger side regulators for 11 pounds, but the drivers I can't get cheaper than 50

Take the motor out, strip it down & you will probably find it will work, there is a tutorial on here somewhere about how to repair them.

Thanks john, I have the motor in pieces but the guide is telling me i need some alcohol cleaner? i have none of this..... anything else i can use? or know where i might get some?

To be honest I think they just stick, taking them apart & putting back together seems to work. Any spirit should clean the contacts, white spirit, nail varnish remover (if your lady has any) lol.

right done, plugged back in and it moves of its own accord!! success!! unfortunately it doesnt appear to listen to the controls, I am now thinking perhaps a reset is requried or the temperature sensor is faulty too

No, pull the unit out (just clips) disconnect & reconnect, think this might get the motors to reset.