1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heater ploblem

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by squarebackmatt, Dec 28, 2010.

1. squarebackmatt

squarebackmatt www.crazydubs.co.uk

The heater in my a4 only works on 4, can anyone tell me what I would need to fix it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

More than likely the resistor control module !

4. stoop44rio

stoop44rio Member

where would that be found? have the same problem myself (among others)

5. Bradderz_1988

Bradderz_1988 Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!

Behind the glovebox Next to the heater motor think it's a brown connector just take out the g/box and you shud see it. Hope this helps not to clued up on the vag systems just Peugeot and shitroens but that's mainly the commonest thing on any car for it to work on number 4 !!!!

6. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If it's intermittant then it will be the brushes in the blower motor as they are a very common failure on the B5. You can get replacement brushes for a few quid, but a lot of them don't fit correctly and make the blower noisy. You can pick up a new Valeo blower for £40 delivered so I would go that route as have tried replacement brushes and they are a pain to fit and may not work.
    AUDI A4 VW PASSAT HEATER BLOWER / FAN MOTOR (932VG0081) on eBay (end time 10-Feb-11 11:13:48 GMT)

7. stoop44rio

stoop44rio Member

[​IMG]Ive only got round to pulling this out today! The heater module seems to be a plastic green blob with five wires going out one end and a resistor soldered along the top. I take it its the resistor that needs replaced and not the green part?? Sorry no photos , I cant find the camera lead.Just borrowed this pic from elsewhere.

#6 stoop44rio, May 11, 2011
    Last edited: May 11, 2011
  8. AR-rkon

AR-rkon AllROOOOOOOOOAD!!!
    Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team Silver Audi Avant Owner Group Audi A6

That whole thing is the Heater resistor. (mainly the green part) the seperate resistor is for the heater intake air temp IIRC. so you would have to replace the whole thing.