1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heater Noise and de-mister not working

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by stevemac, Feb 15, 2013.

1. stevemac

stevemac New Member

[Feb 15, 2013]
    Hello I have a 2003 audi a4 2.0 estate, the front screen de-mister is not working but all others are and also the heater blower is making a noise, i was told it would need a whole new unit as the radio and heater are combined, or the brushes and a valve may need replacing
  2. Ads

Ads

[Jan 29, 2015]

3. benjie

benjie Active Member

[Feb 15, 2013]
    What kind of a noise? Is it like 'click, click' ??

The radio and heater are separate units - if you can get your fingers under it, you can pull the air con unit out. If you take the glove box out (3x8mm bolts at the bottom and 3x8mm bolts in the top (where the glovebox door meets the dashboard). Look in the space and you will see a little black motors with different colour mechanisms attached to them. The green, long-armed one is the motot that controls the de-mister flap - push the cog up and that will open the defroster flap permanently, so at least you have air going up there to clear the windscreen.
  4. stevemac

stevemac New Member

[Feb 15, 2013]
    i suppose the sound isnt really a clicking sounds like the fan hitting plastic or something like that, i think it maybe the brushes worn it says they do go, would they make a noise if they go