Heater motor

Reaction score
The heater motor has packed up so i had a look on ebay and the ones listed say for aircon only which i presume means they dont fit the same as a standard heating system but will they be ok for my car as it has climate control and will a facelift dash one fit my 98 car ?? as i can get one down the road for next to nothing .

Just remove the side panel and it's 5 x 10mm bolts. Remember to unplug the light before pulling completely away, and when refitting the back piece slides into a slot, so ensure this is engaged before pushing all the way up & in.
B5Glovebox.jpg

Thanks for the replys,im going to get one at the weekend. How does the motor come out as when i had the glove box out to fit the dash trims i had a look at taking the motor out and removed all the screws but the motor was still stuck solid in its housing !!!

Just unplug it and remove the 3 screws and the whole thing pulls out. You will have to remove the big bracket in front of it to give you enough room to manoevour it out though.

Thanks for the glove box pic.....I have the motor and the details now so I will be doing this tomorrow....

Just fitted mine today,took about 20 mins and was a lot easier than expected !!!

951 said:
Just fitted mine today,took about 20 mins and was a lot easier than expected !!!
Completely agree with you mate......around a 15 minute job and now I have some heat for the winter and for the new owner.....whoever that will be!!!

Do you need to disable airbag when removing glovebox?
If so how do you do that.
I never had my glovebox of yet and would like to do it just so just to learn but worried about airbag going off .

No you don't. If you have the passenger airbag disable key inside the glovebox then as long as you don't turn the ignition on with the connector disconnected then it won't trigger the airbag warning light.