1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Crashlanding

Crashlanding Member

Hello,

Blower motor packed up, cleaned with some WD40 and it worked again for a bit now its gone, i have read that you can replace the brushes, would this fix or should i get a new one?

used are £40
    New are twice the price!

Brushes are £15

Help!

2. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

it could also be the wires that feed the connector on the back, my old A3 had issues where i tied the wire back on itself to temporarily fuse the connection...which had obviously broken within the wires sheething

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

No it'll be the brushes as usual.
    I tried the replacement brushes and found them noisey, so replaced the whole unit. Count yourself lucky, I had to spend 180 quid on mine (as it was a while back before ebay). The brushes should work fine if you are handy with a soldering iron.

4. evobaz

evobaz New Member

What replacement brushes did you use?

If you use these ones then they should be fine. I used these in my Passat and they're perfect - as good as OEM. (There's a way you can fit them without needing a soldering iron but you need to cut a wee bit off the end of the brush)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=190267018046