1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heater help

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Crashlanding, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Crashlanding

Crashlanding Member

[Nov 23, 2008]
    Hello,

Blower motor packed up, cleaned with some WD40 and it worked again for a bit now its gone, i have read that you can replace the brushes, would this fix or should i get a new one?

used are £40
    New are twice the price!

Brushes are £15

Help!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 20, 2014]

3. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!! VCDS Map User

[Nov 23, 2008]
    it could also be the wires that feed the connector on the back, my old A3 had issues where i tied the wire back on itself to temporarily fuse the connection...which had obviously broken within the wires sheething
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 23, 2008]
    No it'll be the brushes as usual.
    I tried the replacement brushes and found them noisey, so replaced the whole unit. Count yourself lucky, I had to spend 180 quid on mine (as it was a while back before ebay). The brushes should work fine if you are handy with a soldering iron.
  5. evobaz

evobaz New Member

[Dec 14, 2008]
    What replacement brushes did you use?

If you use these ones then they should be fine. I used these in my Passat and they're perfect - as good as OEM. (There's a way you can fit them without needing a soldering iron but you need to cut a wee bit off the end of the brush)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=190267018046