Heater coil lamp flashing!!!

Keggers

Reaction score
So driving home tonight and I've had several lights come on whilst driving, firstly the abs and esp came on together then a few mins later the heater coil lamp started flashing,, I've recently had new discs and pads on the front and I'm hoping its just a sensor fault or the switch on the break pedal but don't know what to make of the heater coil lamp flashing..car starts and drives perfect but the book says engine management fault!, service immediately!! Anyone shed any light on this for me? Thanks..

The heater coil lamp flashing usually means there is a error stored in the ECU. The most probable fault code is "brake light switch: implausible signal"

Reactions: Arrkon
On the allroad we're special... We get an extra light (for the air suspension) when our pedal switch fails.

But yeah, as Myth has said, the brake pedal is a very common issue.

Thanks folks, I'll get my head in it tomorrow and see what's what then, cheers..

I had this lamp flash a week ago and power dropped and it turned out id drawn air into the fuel system. A nightmare to bleed out but got it done and its been fine since

All sorted, it was the brake light switch, new one fitted, all light now normal.. Thanks folks.

Reactions: Arrkon