Heater Blower has stopped working

Andyb5tdi

B5 1.9TDi AFN
Reaction score
While enjoying a very wet and windy weekend in Cornwall the heater blower decided to stop. After a quick google suggesting the fan unit itself was probably the culprit, however having pulled the glove box out and removing the fan and testing it with 12V from the battery charger it worked 10 out of 10 times, so looking a little further I found this:

Photo a13

Photo a22

Photo 4

Can anyone hazard a guess as to why this might of happened? A loose connection, or something more sinister?

Any ideas much appreciated

Andy

Thanks Kev, do you know if you can get the spade connectors/ red connector block new? I did phone the dealer with the number on the red connector block, but they said there weren't enough digits (1-929605-3)

If not I'm thinking I'll get some solder type female spade connectors and loose the red connector block altogether

Andy

I would get another block and connector from scrappy, and then cut and splice the wires in with high quality butt crimps.

I can look on my A6 thats about to be scrapped and see if its the same block and connector if you like?

That would be great mate, also the resistor in the last photo if its the same?

The part no's on it are:
(Valeo) 657 364M
(Hella) 5DS 006 467-01
(VW) 1J0 907 521

so the 1J0 number is used on a3/TT/A4/Golf and a few others but not the A6. The a6 one is similar but a different partnnumber and is black. Probably best getting one that matches.

Just replied in your wanted Andy. The numbers match identical. These are off a 2000 fl b5