Heater/AC blower settings

Yea...

Jut set the fan speed to what you want using the '+' or the '-'

You must have it set on 'auto'

no I don't have it on auto, it`s really annoying, I set it at a certain speed and after a bit it starts going faster, turn it back down and then goes up again and so on.....:blink:

I've noticed this too ... from a cold start it doesn't blow hot air out too fast until it has got up to temperature ... so it starts with a slow fan speed from cold and gets faster as the engine gets warmer. Once the engine is up to temperature the fan does remain constant though (unless you change the temperature in which case the fan speed changes again !!). This is all on manual setting btw.

Hey guys, can someone tell me how to stop the heater/AC blower speeding up all by itself:salute:

I agree with JonnyG, Vito; it's modern sophistication. :kissmyrings:

However, I do remember having similar characteristics with a Lancia (Italian?) I owned many years ago and was only able to stop it when I covered the rusty hole in the floor; take a look under the carpet Vito and make sure... :keule:

Last edited:
I always have it on manual (not auto) with the air flow going to windscreen and foot well. Not on AC or defrost :think:

I agree with JonnyG, Vito; it's modern sophistication. :kissmyrings:

However, I do remember having similar characteristics with a Lancia (Italian?) I owned many years ago and was only able to stop it when I covered the rusty hole in the floor; take a look under the carpet Vito and make sure... :keule:

You had a Lancia John ?

What was it ? Delta Integrale Evo 3 ? Would you say in that time the car was the equivalent of today's RS3 ?

bth_01026042009085033gs2647_zps61a34957.jpg

Reactions: Kelza
I always have it on manual (not auto) with the air flow going to windscreen and foot well. Not on AC or defrost :think:
I think I have mine set to two or three red bars, which is lowest to prevent Auto mode coming on. I do not have it set to windscreen, footwell or rear windscreen. I used to get same problem with heater/blower with mind if its own but I have it under control now.
Also I have temp set lowest 18 degrees and highest when cold I have had it at 25 degrees when it snowed. I have also switched to LO or off altogether the odd time instead of using A/C.

Boom...........
e5767c58b0fee5be8ca551c93a79b0cf_zpsff9b2512.jpg

New concept Stratos by Lancia
88cecc12b2a0e15bde0dab5537b9409a_zps5d39a260.jpg

Last edited: