heated washer jets

yendall24

Reaction score
hi does anybody know if there is an after market heating system available for de icing the washer jets if so where from and how much. i covered twenty miles on the motorway without being able to wash the windscreen not good when the cars in front are kicking up a load of gunk

they are prob burnt out as they are always on iirc. Take a peak under the bonnet where the jets are and if there are wires running to them, bingo !!

just run neat washer fluid, won;t freeze unless its -20 or lower iIRC

my S4 bumper looks like it has them......but it doesn't! no room for the FMIC.

get a sponge...cheaper

just run neat washer fluid, won;t freeze unless its -20 or lower iIRC

Neat screen wash attacks paint, as well as any rubber. So, the mastic seal at the bottom of your bonded screen will begin to degrade.

I know my heated jets still work but I don't see the point of them TBH. Once the water has frozen in the pipe / bottle, there not going to work anyway. I use the Halfords pre mixed pink stuff in the winter, think that's good down to about -10c & never had a problem.
Si.

I just got some of that Halfords stuff, absolute *****, *****, *****!!!!! IMHO.
Cleans the screen great, but anything that hits the window after that, even just water smears and goes cloudy. Best I've found is the cheap car plan stuff with one sachet of clearalex. Only problem with clearalex is that is hardens yer rubber ;O)

Really? I've not noticed that. I thought it was quite good.
Si.

Not sure what the problem is. I've just replaced my wipers, gone for Bosch of course and they're sooo fine. My washer fluid ran out on the M74 and Abbington only had the halfords stuff, smeared all the way home. Before that I was running my usual carplan / clearalix mix with no probs. (Usually just Carplan during the winter, clearalix is great for Grease during the summer). I can't wait to get rid of the Halfords stuff. Also looks like I'm sparying raspberry juise in my face!!!!

The Halford stuff does seem to be quite resilient to low temps tho, so I may try a water mix / clearalix mix to find a happy medium although Carplan is soooo much cheaper. One things for sure, 2k a month I need something that doesn't **** me off every time I squirt!!!!!

I use Rain-ex stuff, its very good, doesnt appear to freeze too hard as it squirts after a few presses on the stick and leaves no smears. Altho I dont know if it does any damage, but ever since windscreen replacement its the only stuff Ive used.