1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heated washer jets....

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by John@mk, Dec 13, 2012.

1. John@mk

John@mk Member

Might be a daft question but are the jets only heated when the heated rear screen is put on ....

Plus my rear quater windows have what looks like heated orange lines , the same as the rear screen.... But are they heated or not....

Thanks guys for your advice.... And Happy Christmas to all...

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !!
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A4

Mine have the same, but have never worked, maybe its an option to have the switch fitted, and knowing Audi it will be around £400.

4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team V6 Team Tornado quattro Black Edition s tronic Audi S4

If your car is an Avant, then the orange elements on the rear side windows are the radio aerial. Not sure about the heated washer jets. Have you checked your user manual?

5. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !!
    Staff Member Moderator Audi A4

:keule::blush:

6. Joe_Murphy21187

Joe_Murphy21187 Tiptronic

I always thought those were heated elements too... although they're the windows you're least likely to look out of...

7. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team V6 Team Tornado quattro Black Edition s tronic Audi S4

Page 82 of the owner's manual: "The windscreen washer jets are heated when the ignition is switched on."

It's not a daft question, but it is one you could have answered yourself with a little bit of thought.

8. John@mk

John@mk Member

thanks jdp1962 for pointing that out ( its actually on page 81 in my manual ) so does this mean that they are heated all year round..... or would they cut off via some sort of switch to guard against overheating, just a thought,

cheers,