Heated washer jets - are they standard on A3 Sport?

davemk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

As per the title really.

I bought a Dec '07 A3 Sport and thought I'd read that the heated washer jets were standard although I've a feeling that they were an option as mine are frozen up. Were the heated jets an option or are mine just not working?

I can't seem to find any reference to heated jets in the manual either.

Will be a bit disappointing if they're not standard - I had them in my last car and they're very useful. Could they be retro-fitted?

Thanks for any advice.

Dave.

I think they are standard on all A3s.

Thanks Dave. Looks like I'll have to do some investigating then as my jets weren't working, even after a 10 minute drive.

Can anyone confirm that the jets are heated please?

I'm pretty sure they are standard Dave.

Just checked the PR codes for my car and I have the following:

9T1 Heated washer nozzles, front

You can check this against the PR numbers on your data sticker.

I assume you have checked the water is full? :)

Also in previous VAG machines i've owned, the heated washers only work if you have your heater rear window on or sometimes only if you activate your heated door mirrors? Could possibly be the case here as I doubt they are permanently on.

I'm pretty sure they are standard Dave.

Just checked the PR codes for my car and I have the following:

9T1 Heated washer nozzles, front

You can check this against the PR numbers on your data sticker.

9T1 may well be the code for heated washer jets, but my car has heated washer jets but does not have the code 9T1 on the data sticker. I assume that all the A3s imported by Audi UK include them and they are covered by the code X2B National Sales Program Great Britain.

The parts catalogue ETKA lists both heated and non-heated jets. Presumably non-heated jets are used in some markets.

Well, mine hasn't got the 9T1 code either. On a side note, it's bloomin' cold out there tonight!! Brrrrrr

Well, mine hasn't got the 9T1 code either. On a side note, it's bloomin' cold out there tonight!! Brrrrrr

According to ELSAWIN when you remove the washers jets you have to disconnect the washer fluid pipe AND the heater wiring, so one assumes that if the jets have an electrical connection then they are heated and if not then they are not, if you see what I mean.

If you PM a member on here called VRStu with your VIN number he can tell you the part number of the washers fitted to your car, we can then check the part number in ETKA to see if they are heated or not.

Hope you don't mind me offering your services out Stu :laugh:

Does the motor go? Surely it won't matter if they're heated or not, the pump will still pump when you pull the switch. I think you should be looking at the washer pump fuse first.

Funny you should say that staz, I can't remember hearing a motor at all. I'll have a look at the fuse today and see if that's where the problem lies. Then it's a matter of finding out why it's blown and why the dealer didn't pick it up in the
"comprehensive used vehicle checks" :haha:.

I've just been for a run in the car, heaters on full whack and they're working now.

You can't really check the washer levels as the bottle is hidden but I topped it up with 1 litre of water and 1/2 litre of AF so it wasn't out of water (plus the "low washer fluid" warning light wasn't on). Must admit, I assumed that the dealer would have topped up the fluid levels before handover as a matter of course.

I'll see if it works tomorrow.

Thanks for all the info guys.