Heated Side Mirrors

aristides

Reaction score
Hello fellas and a happy new Year!

I read in a german forum that retrofitting heated side mirrors isn`t a tough job to do. Simply buy the new glass with the heated function and replace the standard ones.

Some have reported though, that the retrofitted ones operate just by pressing the back window-heating-button. Is it possible to retrofit them and make them operate with the control on the drivers door? Since the back window just operates for a limited time, i would like the side mirrors to be ON always.

I know i would have to buy a new control for my drivers door, but i would like to know first that this would be possible.

Also a guide on how to remove the glass would be much appreciated ,(to check if the wiring is there) since i don`t wont to brake the old one :)

Cheers

You should already have heated wing mirrors. It's standard in most VW/Audi cars (including a Polo!)

Yes, I believe they cme on at less than 5 degrees. Do you get that sort of temp in Greece? LOL

Its not the cold that is worrying me, its the ****** rain!!

It sticks on the glass and i cant see a damn thing! Thats why im considering retrofitting them.
I got a MY08 Sportback, took a look behind the glass -without removing it- and the wiring is there. So should i just buy the glass as said, and operate them with the back window heating function?

I would really like the control on my door :)\

Any ideas?

And about the temp Khufu , we`ve been around 10-15!!! degrees all week long!! It`s weird i know! I would really love to see some snow like you guys!

Last edited:
why not try a rain repellent like rain x on your mirrors, works quite well on them in my experience...