Heated seats?

MarkyH

Marky
Reaction score
I have ordered the S Line and was wondering if it is recommended to get the heated seats for the standard S Line seats. Was thinking they may be cold in the winter with the part leather or I am I being soft!

I had my s-line for 1 Aberdeen winter and never felt like i needed them to be heated. The main part of the seat is cloth so doesn't really get that cold. That said, now that i have them in the S3 i don't like driving my wifes car when its really cold. Where are you and how bad do the winters get?

Si.

I personally wouldn't order a future car without them.

I like my buns toasted :)

Reactions: Dylock, DommyR, Blackwhite and 2 others
+1 wouldn't be without them now, I wouldn't have spec'd them before the S3 but they come as standard, and I would miss them now, how much is the option?

+1 it's a must
Cheers guys - it's £260 option. Based in Carlisle so does get pretty nippy in the winter. Noticed that most of you have the S3 where heated seats are standard but I will probably not bother to add as most of the S Line seat is cloth with just the sides leather so not really a problem and could do with keeping the cost down and it may delay things if I add now.

I missed not having it on the last car. Not really necessary with cloth centres imo

I have the heated seats, although rarely use them.
Buttons are in a user-friendly position though, so I should use it more really.
Handy for a passenger though.

Had them on the last car as well and rarely used - not sure why I keep having this option thinking about it.

I think it's one of those options that's nice to have as opposed to a real necessity (imo).

No doubt more useful on an all leather seat................

I had a test drive in an 8V before I purchased my current car and it was fitted with heated seats. Mrs R decided to try the passenger's one and immediately fell in love with them. So they had to be added to the options list. I have never used the driver's one but Mrs R frequently uses the passenger's one and that is with cloth covered seats. She has also decided that when she changes her A1 they will be added to the options lists on that as well. Her other ultimate luxury would be a heated steering wheel, now available as an option on the Golf.

Heated seats save time in the gym. Five minutes before you get there, crank them to the highest setting ; instant hamstring warm-up.

Heated seats are lovely but having just come from having a Range Rover, I'm going to miss the chilled seats :(

Heated seats save time in the gym. Five minutes before you get there, crank them to the highest setting ; instant hamstring warm-up.

This. ⬆

Always use them to warm my tired old hamstrings on the way to football. Use mine regularly apart from in the summer months...

Never saw the point in heated seats, until I got the original TT, which came with them as standard.
I've had 5 cars since then, and have specced HS on them all, as has my wife in hers since the TT, wouldn't be without now.

Very soothing if you have a bad back. Standard on S3 but I would always spec them in future.

Not sure if the heat comes from the lower part but it definately heats the back as well. When kids were still in booster seats they felt the heat on their back that far up in the front.

It is good for a bad back or a sore stomach.

Would never be without them.

And if you go for full leather then they are ESSENTIAL! But the A3 heated seats are hot - my wife starts it on number 3 but in no time switches hers off, but I leave mine on number 1 for a little while longer.

Set to max, it literally burns my back when I have a thin shirt on.

A serious omission is the lack of a heated steering wheel....

Reactions: mjcourtney and glospete