1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heated seats?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Pontio, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Pontio

Pontio Member

Hi im just curious if it is possible to get heated seats on an 8L A3 (facelift 2001 model)?
    I know they were optional but if the vehicle doesnt have them can they be fitted? retrofit or a good company to fit them?
    Thanks for any help
  2. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

I would of thought it may be easier to find an old S3 interior (e-bay) and fit that rather than get them retrofitted to A3 seats.
  3. imported_velcrobix

imported_velcrobix Guest

4. pipewerkz

pipewerkz Member

If you get those seats from eBay (assuming the have those seats have the heating element in them) Im sure you can go to a junk yark and grab two of the OEM heat knobs plus the wiring to make it look factory.
  5. Garth_S3

Garth_S3 Member

Yeah, let's not forget that they aren't advertised as heated, and seat heating wasn't standard on S3's
  6. Garth_S3

Garth_S3 Member

I looked into doing the heated seat retrofit myslef on my old Ibiza cupra and it worked out about £400 for the parts from SEAT. I have ETKA, so could post part no's for all the parts needed for A3, but it won't be cheap as you need all the switches/relays/wiring/elements etc.
  7. Pontio

Pontio Member

i already have black leather so it wouldnt be worth me getting another interior.. sounds like a lot of hassle for something i could live without i guess. oh well, thanks anyway guys.