1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heated seats retrofit

lionyo Feb 25, 2011

1. lionyo

lionyo Member

Hi,

My current seats are cloth with lumbar support and the leather seats that I have bought to fit have the lumbar support with heated seats...

Can someone clearly explain what I will need to buy/do to get the heated seats working?

I assume I would have to get this KUFATEC GmbH & Co. KG - Kabelsatz Sitzheizung Audi A4 B7 33856 loom from Kufatec and fit it to my vehicle and then would it start working? OR is this loom not needed?

A DIY guide would be appreciated!

I would very much appreciate your input/help!!

P.S: I am removing the leather seats from a Donner car!

2. lionyo

lionyo Member

Just had a reply from Kufatec and they have said:

Thank you for your request.

You need to purchase 33351 - as your seats only have e-lumbar adjustment,
    you need to leave the other connector (for electric adjustment) open.

Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

3. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

You will need a new aircon unit with the heated seat adjustment on it, wiring loom from kufatec which you have sussed out and thats about it i think, obviously the seats aswell

4. lionyo

lionyo Member

I have installed the seats that are heated and the new air con control with the heated seat switch but I am too afraid to install the wiring myself and in search of a pro who can fit it properly!

5. j40hnw

j40hnw New Member

the kufatek instructions normally tell you which wires plug into which plug and which terminal