1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heated rear window interferes with radio reception

ADi Nuff Valves Sep 23, 2011

1. I just noticed this morning that if I switch my heated rear screen on it interferes with the radio reception. Has anyone else noticed this? :sorry:

2. mike foster

mike foster Fossie VCDS Map User

Unfortunately it is likely that the aerial element in the rear screen that has broken. I had this on a previous car and the only fix is to replace the rear screen !

Sorry !!

3. gavsman

gavsman Member

I have this on mine - so when I need to use the Rear Screen demister.....I just put on a cd!

4. One Spoke

One Spoke Member

Yep, I had this problem. It's either an amplifier in the tailgate or, as was the case with mine, needs a new rear screen. Luckily mine was done under warranty!

5. It took two goes to get Audi to find the problem, but they have, and it's having a new rear screen tomorrow. Didn't come under the extended warranty but since I originally enquired about it not long after buying the car from them they are sorting it for free anyway. Result.

6. xyz1

xyz1 Member

yes me i was wondering this problem. there is no way ill be getting a new rear screen just for a heated rear screen which will be on for no longer than a couple of minutes!!!!