1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heated rear window interferes with radio reception

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by ADi Nuff Valves, Sep 23, 2011.

1. ADi Nuff Valves

I just noticed this morning that if I switch my heated rear screen on it interferes with the radio reception. Has anyone else noticed this? :sorry:

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. mike foster

mike foster Fossie
    VCDS Map User

Unfortunately it is likely that the aerial element in the rear screen that has broken. I had this on a previous car and the only fix is to replace the rear screen !

Sorry !!

4. gavsman

gavsman Member

I have this on mine - so when I need to use the Rear Screen demister.....I just put on a cd!

5. One Spoke

One Spoke Member

Yep, I had this problem. It's either an amplifier in the tailgate or, as was the case with mine, needs a new rear screen. Luckily mine was done under warranty!

6. ADi Nuff Valves

It took two goes to get Audi to find the problem, but they have, and it's having a new rear screen tomorrow. Didn't come under the extended warranty but since I originally enquired about it not long after buying the car from them they are sorting it for free anyway. Result.

7. xyz1

xyz1 Member

yes me i was wondering this problem. there is no way ill be getting a new rear screen just for a heated rear screen which will be on for no longer than a couple of minutes!!!!