1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heated rear window interferes with radio - B5

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by JAM35F, Sep 4, 2008.

1. JAM35F

JAM35F Member

Hi, I posted this on the B5 forum but thought I'd add it here just incase a non B5 owner can help...

On my 2000 b5 QTS I have the standard concert radio cassette head unit fitted (cd changer in boot). When I have the radio on, turning on the heated rear window causes lots of interference.

Anyone have any ideas how to sort this? I didnt notice it when I bought the car a month ago as it was sunny then!!

Only happens with radio, CD is fine. When I say interference I mean unlistenable white noise!!

Overall sound quality is ok when heated rear window is not on but if I'm honest I'm hardly impressed, expected better on both cd and radio. No where near as good as the standard stereo in my last BMW. Don't know if this is related to my problem or Audi stereos are just a bit naff. I'm not into my in car stereos so this is with it just at normal volume, not pumping bass or high volumes!

It has been suggested it is the amps, if so, where do I find them and how do I replace them? Or is it something else?
  2. PVO_Dave

PVO_Dave Back in a Quattro :)

Could be an earthing problem with either the rear window element or even the amplified rear ariel.

Will need someone with more knowledge you tell you where / how to check them though

Dave.