1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

heated mirrors

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by jackster, Nov 19, 2005.

1. jackster

jackster New Member

while replacing my broken mirror glass i noticed that my a4 se 2002 diesel had heated mirrors that have never worked, on replacing the glass there was 00.30 showing as power behind the mirror glass wires , is this normal or is there a problem, as all the power from ignition side is off. reply asap please
  2. peteA3tdi

peteA3tdi Member

they work with the heated rear screen
  3. ianpic

ianpic New Member

My 2002 A4 mirrors don't heat.Even with the rear window on. How do I find out if it has them fitted?. Sounds a strange question but my passat had a little symbol on the electric mirror adjuster and would heat the mirrors in that postion with the rear window heat on, the A4 does'nt have that symbol.
  4. dstech

dstech Member

Are you sure that's not the auto dimming feature and not the heated feature?
  5. jonmusicman

jonmusicman Member

Hi My car hasn't got heated mirrors and it's a real pain this time of the year.
    Can I just change the glass or is the wiring loom different?

Also I'e noticed in the A4 hand book that it mentions the steering wheel is heated if you've got heated seats which mine has. How do you get it to work?
  6. imported_Macduff

imported_Macduff Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi My car hasn't got heated mirrors and it's a real pain this time of the year.
    Can I just change the glass or is the wiring loom different?

Also I'e noticed in the A4 hand book that it mentions the steering wheel is heated if you've got heated seats which mine has. How do you get it to work?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it's more than just changing the mirror glass.

I don't think the heated stearing wheel was ever fitted to a UK spec car. You'll also notice in the manual that there's mention of heated windscreens (like Ford's). That would be a seriously usefull option but again not available in the UK