1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heated Mirrors stopped working - AGAIN!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Naresh, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Naresh

Naresh Member

[Jun 1, 2004]
    Hi just got my car serviced today and the dealers reported that both the door mirrors were not being heated!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

I know they switch on under a certain temperature and that the previous models did not have thermostats on so burnt out very quickly. I replaced mine only last year so it is a bit strange that they should report that they aren't working! How would they test them anyway considering it hasn't been cold enough recently??

I have a multimeter but does anyone know how to use it in order to test the mirrors? Also is there a separate fuse for the heated mirrors? I know this topic was covered before but I'm confused at why mine should stop working having just replaced them!! £40 odd pound a year isn't really acceptable to keep these working!!

Thought I'd check very possibility before contemplating ordering another set!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

[Jun 1, 2004]
    I think you only need to replace the glass as that is what has the element which usually burns out
  4. Naresh

Naresh Member

[Jun 1, 2004]
    Exactly, but I replaced these last year and surely they must last longer than that?? Has anyone else who replaced their mirrors had any failures too?