1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heated Mirrors standard?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_ashs3, Sep 28, 2004.

1. imported_ashs3

imported_ashs3 Guest

I know I have asked this b4 but trying to find out if the leccy mirrors on my 2001 Y S3 are heated or not, have aksed the dealer and they are having trouble getting a print off of the factory spec of the car (idiots) anyway I would hope that a car like the S3 would have heated mirrors as standard ? I have put the rear heated screen on and waited to see if the mirrors get warm, but don't think it is cold enough to tell yet.

2. NWMark

NWMark Member

Im pretty sure heated mirrors are standard, although im not sure how they are activated i presume its with the rear heated screen, but wouldnt know for sure?

Mark
  3. DavidR

DavidR Active Member

Standard. Come on only at lowish temps (i.e. <5degrees)
  4. Anito

Anito Member

If the mirrors are electrically adjusted then they are also electrically heated. They operate with the electric rear screen
  5. imported_ashs3

imported_ashs3 Guest

Cheers all, thought they would be. I work shifts so heated mirrors are a must on cold mornings coming home and going to work b4 7 :)
  6. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yep they are heated...

Rich.
  7. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I think that the switch for the electric mirrors, the one where you have to rotate left to operate the left mirror and rotate right for the other has to be in center position for the heated mirrors to work along with the rear demister.
  8. jimboA3

jimboA3 Member

According to my handbook they automatically come on when the engine is started for 5minutes.
  9. cybrey

cybrey Member

[ QUOTE ]
    jimboA3 said:
    According to my handbook they automatically come on when the engine is started for 5minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think ( and I'm probably wrong) that pre face lift cars did this.. which is why they normally don't work on pre face lift cars cos they've burnt out.. Post face I thought worked with the demister.
  10. HTC

HTC Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    cybrey said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    jimboA3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
    I think ( and I'm probably wrong) that pre face lift cars did this.. which is why they normally don't work on pre face lift cars cos they've burnt out.. Post face I thought worked with the demister.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the other way round. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  11. jimboA3

jimboA3 Member

Mines pre faclift and it comes on automatically , however , my cars always been wierd. Was built in dec 99, has a post 2000 engine code , VVC which was only on facelifts etc etc
  12. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

Mine is pre-facelift and both are burnt out and have been since I got mine.
  13. imported_ashs3

imported_ashs3 Guest

So do they come on autoamticaly or when I press the rear demister? mine is facelift anyone know for sure?

Got this form Audi today so they only are on below 5 degrees.
    >>>>
    Dear Mr Ashmead
    Thank you for your recent email. I can confirm that the mirrors on your vehicle would be heated. They operate below temperatures of about 5 degrees Celsius so is unlikely that you have experienced temperatures this low. If, when the weather turns inclement, you notice that the mirrors are not demisting, may I suggest that you take the vehicle to your
    Audi Centre for them to investigate.

Yours sincerely

Graham Jordan
    Customer Service Manager