1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heated mirror

Buster Jan 8, 2006

1. Buster

Buster Member

My 2001 S3 only has the drivers side heated mirror. Is this normal or should the passanger one be heated also?

2. chrisb

chrisb Member

My A3 has a heated passenger mirror, so I'd have thought the S3 should have.

3. chippie

chippie Member

both should be heated

4. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

The element had gone.... Just buy a replacement mirror glass and fit it, and then it will work.

5. Buster

Buster Member

Would it be covered under warrenty?

6. imported_vando

imported_vando Guest

Think my passenger one has gone too, any idea how much a replacement mirror is? Is it easiest/cheapest to just get it from the local stealer?

7. [ QUOTE ]
    Would it be covered under warrenty?

[/ QUOTE ]

I should think so, if it's an Audi warranty.

Both sides should work (mine do).

8. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

mine are both away and have been since I got the car 3 years ago, never bothered to replace them for the revised versions that dont stay on all the time and so burn out prematurely.

9. ultramodz

ultramodz 06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

my passenger side works but my drivers side has gone - how much is the replacement? would the dealership be the best place to go?

also... i was thinking of getting LHD driver's side glass for the passenger door mirror so i had blindspots on both - is this possible? anyone done it?

10. typ8l

typ8l New Member

When one of mine went, I got a replacement glass from Euro Car Parts. It's fairly easy to fit - just prise out the old mirror and disconnect the terminals, then do the reverse with the new one...

11. Buster

Buster Member

I'm not doing it the stealer will be tomorrow along with the xenon motors and a problem with the CC