1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heated mirror fault?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Lloydie22, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Lloydie22

Lloydie22 Member

Looking for abit of help here.

via VCDS my car was saying the mirror switch (folding the mirror in and out) was faulty and also the heated mirrors were intermitant.

I then got the mirror swtich replaced so they now fold in and out fine. But the fault is still showing for the heated mirrors. It shows they work then after a few seconds the heated mirrors then don't work..

So my question is, where the switch was nakared, has this maybe burnt out the heated mirror function? And if so, do i need to get 2 new mirrors or can i just get the glass replaced?

Cheers
  2. XFi

XFi Member

That's funny, I too have a 2009 S3 and my VCDS also shows that my passenger mirror has a broken circuit or something along those lines. Will be interesting to see some of the replies.
  3. Lloydie22

Lloydie22 Member

Yeah it would be good to see, its slightly anoying with the cold mornings they just stay wet!! Grr!
  4. Chillout

Chillout Member

I had had this can't remember the code it was something like wiring fault I replaced this glass after checking the resistance of the element in the glass I had sporadic ohm readings so I bought a glass from euros for under £20 that was a year ago I think a good glass reads about 7 ohms but it was a year ago so can't really remember.
  5. Lloydie22

Lloydie22 Member

Okay cheers mate. I'll look into getting new glass