1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heat-wrap / ceramic coat on manifold

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by turnstyle, Oct 11, 2012.

1. turnstyle

turnstyle Member

Sep 30, 2012
    I did a search but didnt find anything, so sorry if this has been posted before....

Ive contacted Sam via facebook in regards to getting a v3 relentless downpipe and sports cat, But im thinking maybe getting a manifold at the same time. Saves messing about behind the engine twice if i discover the standard is close to throwing in the towel!

Does everyone heat wrap / ceramic coat thier manifolds or just leave as is? Fancy reducing some of these under bonnet temps a little before i start working on the induction side.

I know its going to create a risk in raising the temps of the turbo...which ive read the k04 doesnt like, but im not planning on doing too much performance wise anyway............... Famous last words....!
    I just want to improve a few things and reduce the lag. Which is why im planning FMIC.
  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. phil miller

phil miller Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

Sep 9, 2012
    hello mate well ive seen this come up a few times and most people add plenty of heat shields rather than wrap the exhaust, cheaper and less harmful for the heat build up around the Turbo
  4. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk
    Site Sponsor

May 28, 2004