Facelift Heartwarming Moment...

So I'm heading home from work this afternoon, driving down the motorway, when a left hand drive Audi A5 with foreign number plate pulls up beside me in the right hand lane and stays level with me. I look over and the driver gives me a wave, nods at my car then gives me a thumbs up! I was quite gobsmacked, but it really made my day. I waved back in acknowledgment then he drove on. Couldn't stop grinning for the rest of the journey!
:friends:
Haha. I had this with an old 8P S3 recently. I saw him driving like a complete tit behind a load of other drivers, before he approached my rear bumper at speed, saw the S3 badge, backed off and then pulled up along side and gave compliments to the SSS and S-Tronic.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, Simon L, pburv and 1 other person
Get used to it guys, I've had a loads of people either comment or admire mine. They may be understated but when you glance around the car park, petrol station etc there's usually nothing classier or better designed.

If you had one of these , I wonder how many admiring glances you'd get..............not many I'd wager. Friggin ell it looks like a boy racers version of an armoured car, random lumps of plastic thrown at it with no real thought about design!! lol

ztyper-001.jpg

Agreed. That car belongs in the scrapyard. Designed in Swindon, UK though. Not hard to see why it looks so ugly.

Reactions: SpeedyFrog, MattSedg and Simon L
I had a similar 'encounter' in Doncaster. A lad in an S Line A1 kept honking and pointing enthusiastically so much I thought he wanted a fight or that I'd just cut him off or something. This went on for some miles through the centre of Doncaster, until his pants were as white as my Ibis white S3 with 19s and pan roof and we parted ways with a thhhrapp of my sports exhaust in dynamic mode and a flash of his ****. I mean headlights.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Simon L, richinsoton and 1 other person
I had another one in the pub car park yesterday.
An older gentleman asks 'what car is that cause it's lovely?' I said with a chuffed look 'an S3'. He then asked if it was a BMW which ruined the moment. I never replied just got in and drove off.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, richinsoton, Bristle Hound and 7 others
An older gentleman asks 'what car is that cause it's lovely?' I said with a chuffed look 'an S3'. He then asked if it was a BMW which ruined the moment. I never replied just got in and drove off.
:haha:

Reactions: Jassyo06, BMB - 77, pburv and 2 others
Obvious reply would have been.....

"No it's a good car"

Reactions: Jassyo06, BMB - 77, pburv and 1 other person
Yep, got a stock of 3 models after the Helicarrier as I am having me other knee replaced in the middle of November .
Including this beaut I am saving for Xmas

View attachment 107719

I have the Porsch, chassis is nearly finished.
it's going to to take a while to get through this one I think.

Reactions: pburv, SpeedyFrog and Daveotto
I have the Porsch, chassis is nearly finished.
it's going to to take a while to get through this one I think.

That model just oozes quality from packaging onwards, even compared to standard Lego quality.

Reactions: pburv and SpeedyFrog
I had a similar 'encounter' in Doncaster. A lad in an S Line A1 kept honking and pointing enthusiastically so much I thought he wanted a fight or that I'd just cut him off or something. This went on for some miles through the centre of Doncaster, until his pants were as white as my Ibis white S3 with 19s and pan roof and we parted ways with a thhhrapp of my sports exhaust in dynamic mode and a flash of his ****. I mean headlights.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Lol...Waaaay! too much info......:whistle2:

Reactions: Simon L and MattSedg
Ha Ha.....Some people haven't a clue....:haha:

Reactions: Simon L and BMB - 77
That model just oozes quality from packaging onwards, even compared to standard Lego quality.
I need to persuade the missus on spending that sort of money on me....Would love to have a 'crack' at Technic especially the power pack type with motors and pneumatics ect...:rock:

Reactions: Simon L
I need to persuade the missus on spending that sort of money on me....Would love to have a 'crack' at Technic especially the power pack type with motors and pneumatics ect...:rock:

Don't tell her or put a set on the Xmas list

Power and pneumatics models are great and you can add further power functions

Is not that expensive if you buy, build and then sell on Ebay. Rule of thumb is £150 model you can recoup £100 - £120 after fees and postage

That said I'm currently holding about £700 worth of the stuff, shhh don't tell 'er in doors

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn, Simon L, pburv and 2 others
Don't tell her or put a set on the Xmas list

Power and pneumatics models are great and you can add further power functions

Is not that expensive if you buy, build and then sell on Ebay. Rule of thumb is £150 model you can recoup £100 - £120 after fees and postage

That said I'm currently holding about £700 worth of the stuff, shhh don't tell 'er in doors
Naughty boy...lol
That's some habit you've got there....:haha:

Reactions: Simon L, Daveotto and Sandra
Jeezus....the plastic brickys are back in town..... *** lol

Reactions: davc, Simon L, pburv and 3 others
Jeezus....the plastic brickys are back in town..... *** lol

LMAO..........................gettin proper nerdy in here mate!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06 and pburv
Proper nerdy.......
Upload 2016 10 26 17 2 15
....What red is this jassy....lol

Attachments