1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headunit help!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by supersteve9, Aug 10, 2013.

1. supersteve9

supersteve9 New Member

Hi have searched around various threads but im stuck! Basically replacing the old headunit with a new one and purchased the pc9-404 lead to fit it as I have the brown cable which I read up means I do not have bose system. But from fitting it I seem to get nothing headunit doesn't even power on then I tired another set of cables I purchased from halford which was the 401 and that didn't make a difference either! Anyone got any ideas really winding me up now! Headunit is brand new by the way and tried a friends headunit that didn't power on either! Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks Steve
  2. supersteve9

supersteve9 New Member

anyone!?
  3. Gazthesparky

Gazthesparky Member

What head unit are you trying to fit a standard audi OEM or a after market system ?
  4. SoljahofSensi

SoljahofSensi Member

I think when mine was fitted i got pc 410 adapter as i have bose but they said the std HU got power thru the canbus connector and wouldn't work with aftermarket ones so they had to wire a separate power wire from ignition for it to turn on.
  5. supersteve9

supersteve9 New Member

its an after market headunit, strange as it just gets no power had an s3 before few years ago same sort of age and that one didnt have a problem but this just gets no power. So I need to get a separate wire from the ignition how do I do that then? thanks
  6. supersteve9

supersteve9 New Member

bump still need help
  7. Emmo

Emmo Member

Just run the ignition live wire to the fusebox. Use a tester in the fusebox to find an ignition live and wire it to that with a fuse inline for safety.
  8. supersteve9

supersteve9 New Member

all done wired in ignition live source and worked first time cheers for help!