Headlining

alpesh26

Reaction score
My sisters just got herself a 53 plate VW Polo, but the headlining is really scruffy and I suspect its causing a bit of a smell. Is there anything you guys recommend cleaning it with? I got some dry foam stuff but I think its going to patchy because its difficult to get the foam to come out evenly...especially upside down!

There's a few scratches around the door handles, you cant feel them with your finger, would Scratch X remove these? I wouldn't be too fussed but its a dark blue car and the scratches stand out like a sore thumb!

Cheers

Cheers guys! I was going to get some APC anyway, there's some scrapes on the headliner hopefully it hasnt damaged the fabric. Which mix should I use 10:1 or 4:1? I dont want any green stains on there!

I would go with 10:1 personally you don't want it too strong otherwise it will stain it as John said a leather brush will get the dirt out

thanks, i'm sure I have a soft brush like that lying about at home

I managed to get some pics (they're not the best though - phone camera)

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

There is also a scuff on the wing mirror, its not colour coded but there's paint transfer from whatever hit it. Is there anything to get this out?

IMG_0532.jpg

Cheers!

I'd go with Auto Finesse Rejuvenate Auto Finesse Rejuvenate | Auto Finesse Car Care & Detailing Products

It's got some cut but also plenty of chemical cleaning agents and filling/glazing oils. It'll make a good improvement - it won't make it look perfect but it'll look much better.

I'd actually apply Rejuvenate (a panel at a time) to the whole car; it looks like it's got some fairly serious wash marring and this'll make it look much better.

Then just apply wax or sealant to lock in the glazing oils. Wax will give a bit more fill: entry level is Natty's Blue: Poorboy's Natty's Blue Paste Wax | Poorboy's Car Care & Detailing Products next up I'd consider Meguiar's Ultimate Meguiar's Ultimate Paste Wax | Meguiar's Car Care & Detailing Products (not, technically, a wax but it'll suit that colour really well)

:)